– How was your journey Coco? I tried to call you but it never worked!
– Oh, it was great. The places we went to were fully disconnected from the world. No phone there. But very happy to see you at last.
– Did you go by the motorbike as planned?
– Yes, we started by bike, but finally ended up hiking all the time. The bike appeared to be too fast to hear the breath of the world.
– Did you take pictures?
– Hahaha, I stopped taking pictures of myself long ago. There are only two ways to see my picture nowadays. – Coco removes her beard experiencing slow metamorphose from a slender Chinese guru to my lovely friend.
– Which ways Coco?
– To close your eyes and envision me or to meet me in person. – She laughs.
– Coco laughs a lot and her laugh is young and full of life like early spring is, carrying warm undertone of the nurturing summer.
– But enough about me. How have you been, J? It has been a long time.
– I’ve opened the envelopes.
– Great? I thought it will disappoint you.
– You did? Well, no, it does not disappoint me. – Coco removes pins from the back of her head and the white hair runs down her cheeks. – On the contrary, I am proud of you. It takes a lot of courage to open the envelope.
– What are you talking about Coco? I failed!
– Oh, did you?
– Well kind of…
– Failure as opposed to death – is merely an option. Choose the option not to fail. Get up. Move. Your Queendom is longing for you!
One Reply to “Chapter 24: Failure as Opposed to Death is Merely an Option”